Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

TWOC

First Court Appearance.

1983. Taking and Driving Without Owners Consent (TWOC). Totally pissed, owner left keys in car at petrol station. I drove off -managed 80mph just outside Credition Devon. Car bounced off kirb a few times but managed to keep it in a straight line and on the correct side of the road. Drove through back lanes of Devon for a little while and eventually a massive tree on top of a hedge jumped out and wrapped itself around the bonnet -car totaled. I walk home and go to bed -had a good nights sleep.

A week later Officer Bomber Harris knocks on my parents doors and busts my ass. It was a very inconvenient time as I was doing my hair in the bathroom. He lets me finish my hair though. I am taken to the Police Station -my mug shot is taken as are my finger prints.

Another week passes -I have to go see Mr Carey, the car owner, and apologise for totaling his car. I explain I was pissed and give him a cheque for £800. He is more than happy with my explanation and wishes me all the best.

A few more weeks pass and I am in court. The magistrate gives me a bollocking -fines me £400 and puts 8 points on my licence. I pay about £5 a week for eternity, this is a lot as I only make £25 per week -an eighth of the sticky is £16 so you get the picture. The press bench is empty, which is a relief, as
at the time I worked for a company that installs car alarms .

Two weeks later I pass my driving test.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny thing is that many years later innocently driving home from the pub (in Thorverton) Bomby got poked himself, thrown out of the force and now works as a Traffic warden or something similar